What do I do after my certification?

This is one question many asked me, immediately after their certification course. My honest answer is to go and do something positive with the knowledge and skills you gained. The expected answers are after PMP, do PMI-ACP, CSM, CSP, CSPO, PgMP, blah...blah...blah... When my answer is different from the answer they expected, they get disappointed. Yes, brothers and sisters..In order to survive and prosper,  I need people who chase multiple certifications on the same topic, by paying good money (either from your pockets or from your employer's..it does not matter who pays) , and come for every other certification on the same topic, and still not confident because you have not practiced any one of them. Please do something with what you know already, before chasing more. While interviewing candidates for a job, I never select those who have a very big tail of certifications, instead I seek those who have done commendable projects. The guy with too many certifications is not very sure about himself. Please do get certified in your chosen area, and excel as a professional, than seeking multiple certifications on the same topic. 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts